Plant of Renown, Inc was established in 1950 and based in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Who We Are
The Plant of Renown, a nonprofit organization, was legally instituted February 7, 1950. Symbolically, Christ is referred to as a “plant”, thus The Plant of Renown is not only an earthly institution, more important, it is a spiritual, religious planting of God, conceived in the heart of God and revealed to the earth for the purpose of honoring and exalting Christ, the true “Plant of Renown. (Isaiah 11:l, 53:2; Ezekiel 34:29)
The symbol of the Plant of Renown is the six-pointed star of the Old Testament, united with the cross of the New Testament. This represents a full gospel for all believers, both Jew and Gentile. The motto of the Plant of Renown is, “Jesus the Light of the World.” The mission of the Plant of Renown is found in the great commission. (Mark 16:15-18)
The Plant of Renown is not a religious denomination. It is a movement that is an organized collection of Christian believers, churches and/or denominations, ministries, Christian media, organizations, etc. It is an interconnected network that is incorporated to unite thoroughly with, or work indistinguishably, into something already existent.
The Plant of Renown is evangelical, in scope, to spread the gospel as it is presented in the four Gospels. It is based on the Judeo-Christian principals of the Holy Bible. The Plant of Renown does not consider itself to be Israelite or Jews of national Israel, but figuratively speaking, we are, as believers, a part of spiritual Israel, spiritual children of Abraham, by faith (Galatians 3:26-29)
The Plant of Renown is a vehicle to be used to bring the Body of Christ together in unity, and to see God’s perfect will to be done on the earth. It is raised of God for His Glory alone. It is a collection of Christian believers united to “girdle the globe and circle and earth” with the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to help prepare the Bride of Christ for His coming. It is a corporate body of believers with a sole purpose in view. The Word of God teaches us the value of agreement . With this kind of agreement, the Church of the Living God will become an effective force in the spiritual realm, as well as the political, economic and secular realms.
Learn More . . .
What We Believe
Our fundamental truths and beliefs.
1. In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
2. In one God, eternally existing in three persons: namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
3. That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead; that He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the intercessor.
4. That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
5. That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
6. In sanctification, subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost, as a definite, yet progressive work of grace.
7. Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
8. In the baptism of the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart. In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance, and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
9. In the present day operation of the nine supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit and the ministry of gifts of Christ..
10. In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
11. Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
12. In the ordinance of the Lord’s supper.
13. God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders, together reflect the image and nature of God.
14. Marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union.
15. Any form of sexual immorality is sinful and offensive to God.
16. All life is sacred and created by God in His image. Life begins at inception. We are called to defend, protect, and value all human life.
17. Every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindess, respect and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior attitudes directed toward any individual are repudiated and not in accord with Scripture.
18. The church is the body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of its great commission. It is not Jewish or part of national Israel, but grafted in as spiritual children of God.
19. In the pre-tribulation coming of Jesus Christ: 1. To resurrect the righteous dead, and to catch away the living saints to him in the air. 2. The pre-millennial second coming of Jesus Christ. 3. Christ to reign on the earth a thousand years.
20. In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous and eternal punishment for the wicked.